Gynecomastia, commonly referred to as man boobs or moobs, are caused by being overweight or obese. Fatty tissue stored in the pectoral muscles or storage of excess fat in the chest. This is a condition caused by hormonal imbalance or lower testosterone levels and elevated estrogen levels. This may disappear on its own. It normally happens after taking some medications, which influence hormonal levels in the body.
The question is – how to get rid of man breast for good?
The first step involves the identification of the causes of man breast. Find out whether this is caused by being overweight or obese. Setting up an appointment with a physical therapist and personal trainer helps analyze the percentage body fat. Secondly, the gym is the best place for body fat workouts. You need to try cardio, which aids in burning of fat within a period of time, helping achieve the successful elimination of man breasts through caloric deficit. Considering strength training exercise also helps fight this condition.
Other steps or procedures that may help eliminate man boobs for good include:
– Tracking of chest fat reduction process.
– Changing of diet: if weight is the cause of man breast, then there is a need to maintain a healthy diet, which is just as important as an exercise routine. Abstinence from alcohol may also help, as it contains calories and fat.
– Increasing the daily intake of both vegetables and fruits daily. These are high fiber foods that would provide essential nutrients to help reduce fat and build muscles.
– Sugar intake and alcohol must be reduced. These products include, baked goods, beer, refined carbohydrates and processed food. But set limits to take them at least once a week.
– Taking foods with lower estrogen levels, such like, cabbages, melons, berries, green beans, broccoli, corn, pineapples and grapes, can be helpful.
– Change your lifestyle and eating habit. Avoid fast and processed foods.
– Exercise routine. Involves cardiovascular routine, both interval training and high intensity cardio. High-intensity for 20-30minutes reduces chest fat much faster than medium-intensity that lasts an hour. This starts with 20minutes of running, five days in a week. Formulate a training routine in which you can walk in between for 2minutes and sprint in intervals of 5minutes, until a time when you can run continuously for 20minutes. Cardio and gym classes, and the use of other equipment like free weights, may help tighten up muscles, thus causing fat reduction in all body parts.
Engage in a rowing routine. Rowing machines target the upper body and reduce chest fat. This is done 10minutes a day, as a beginner. Swimming is also better than biking in this case, as it focuses on both legs and arms, and thus suitable for the obese.
Lastly, strength training. This entails chest strengthening exercises that burn more fat. This includes push-ups that is done every day of the week, chest flies, incline rows for arm lifting, cable crossovers and chest presses.
Gynecomastia often disappears after taking some medication that influences hormonal levels in the body. The condition can also be brought by testicular tumor that causes a significant increase of estrogen. The patient is therefore subject to anti-estrogen treatment and thus surgery is not necessary.